You can change the host name of the ESXi host by using the vSphere web client.
Before you begin
- Put the host in to maintenance mode.
- Disconnect the host from the vCenter server.
Perform the following procedure to change the host name of the ESXi host.
- Connect the host directly to a vSphere web client.
- Click the ESXi host, go to Networking > TCP/IP configuration, and then click the edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Edit TCP/IP Stack Configuration dialog box, click DNS Configuration, and select Enter settings manually.
- In the Host name field, specify the new name for the host.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Connect the host to the vCenter server and exit the maintenance mode.